Mixed with ripe bananas and creamy yogurt, this bundt cake is soft and stunning. Drizzle with a vanilla glaze and top with crunchy walnuts.
By Bria Helgerson
A delicious cake is fun to make, even without a special occasion. Celebrate those ripe bananas browning on the counter with a beautiful bundt cake.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup toasted, chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl well between each addition. Mix in the vanilla and bananas. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add ⅓ of the flour mixture to the banana mixture, followed by ½ of the yogurt. Scrape the bowl very well between each addition. Mix in another ⅓ of the flour, then the second half of the yogurt, followed by the rest of the flour mixture. Fold in ¾ cups of the walnuts. Butter and flour a bundt pan or spray with baking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 65-75 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Be sure not to put a baking sheet under the bundt pan, as the hot air needs to circulate through center of the pan.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and let cool completely. Wrap in plastic and let sit at room temperature overnight, or freeze until ready to use.
- combine 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons milk and ½ tsp vanilla and whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over the top of the bundt cake and immediately sprinkle on the remaining walnuts.