Peel, chop, toss and bake. These “fries” are simple to create, flavorful, and even easier to polish off an entire pan.
By Dianna Muscari
These Rosemary Parsnip “Fries” are super. The only real work required is peeling and chopping.
A quick toss with olive oil and seasonings creates a surprisingly flavorful snack. And you don’t even have to feel guilty because they’re veggies and they’re oven baked, so you can still fit them into your healthy eating resolutions. Score.
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into "fries"
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
- Place parsnips on baking pan and drizzle with oil. Toss to coat and spread them out so they have room to crisp up.
- Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder and rosemary.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until parsnips are browned and crisp.