PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
The perfect make-ahead treat for Mom, these easy sticky buns are studded with apricot preserves and pistachios for a sweet morning treat.
These apricot, pistachio breakfast sticky buns are the perfect make ahead breakfast treat. Homemade bread buns are baked with delicious apricot preserves, dried apricots and pistachios that are light, not too sweet with a little nutty crunch.
Mother’s Day is just over a month away and what mother would not love a homemade breakfast? I am working with Bonne Maman to bring this amazing recipe to showcase their preserves. We all notice the distinct gingham patterned jar tops in the grocery store that look like they were just made by Grandma because they are just like homemade preserves. Did you know that ‘Bonne Maman’ translates to Grandmother? That is why these preserves are the perfect way to start the day on Mother’s Day.
Bonne Maman are my go-to preserves. With a homemade taste, quality ingredients that are Non-GMO Project Verified, no high fructose corn syrup, artificial coloring, or preservatives added, Bonne Maman is a name and product I am proud to represent.
These apricot, pistachio breakfast sticky buns can be made ahead of time. You can make them right up until the time to bake, store then in the fridge overnight covered in the baking dish, then bake them off when you’re ready to enjoy.
Bonne Maman are currently running a sweepstakes for a chance to win a fabulous Le Creuset 12-piece cook set plus a cookbook! Details of the sweepstakes are below, where you can click to enter.
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- 1¼ cup Whole milk, warm (should feel body temperature when you put your finger in)
- 2¼ teaspoons 1 packet, instant dry yeast
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour plus more for rolling out dough
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for greasing baking dish
- 18 ounces Bonne Maman apricot preserves
- 3 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Small pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup shelled unsalted roasted pistachios
- Add a little of the warm milk, yeast and a little of the sugar to a small bowl and mix. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- To a large bowl add the yeast mixture, eggs, rest of the milk, rest of the sugar, melted butter and salt, whisk until combined (with a hand mixer or if using a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment).
- While beating the mix add the flour in small batches, mixing well between additions. If using a stand mixer, switch to dough hook before doing this. If using a hand mixer, stop and use hands when the dough gets too thick. You may use a little less flour depending on the dough.
- When the mixture has come to a ball, turn out onto a floured surface. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 1 minute. It should not be sticky.
- Clean the large bowl and coat lightly with oil. Place dough in the bowl, cover with a towel and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Meanwhile, add the preserves, apricots, cinnamon and nutmeg to a bowl and mix. Add ⅓ of the preserves mix to the bottom of the baking pan and sprinkle pistachios.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out the pastry to 18 inches square.
- Spread the rest of the preserves mix all over the pastry leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with pistachios, then take the edge closest to you and roll snuggly ending with the seam side down.
- Trim the roll into 1 ½ inch thick pieces and place, spiral side down into the pan. Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once risen, bake in the center of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn the buns onto a large cutting board and serve warm.