Cook this with love. Serve with love. Eat with love. And enjoy!
By Lauren Hardy
- ⅔ cup quinoa
- 5 kale leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup vidalia onion, chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper, chopped (orange or yellow)
- ⅓ cup sweet corn, cooked
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Place the kale in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and let steam for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving plate.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and remaining ingredients. Pour the quinoa mixture over the steamed kale. In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients with a fork until combined and drizzle over the salad.