This delicious cake recipe uses that last spoonful from the bottom of your Nutella jar.
By Patty Price
Today I’m sharing an easy cake recipe that uses that last spoonful from the bottom of your Nutella jar. I’m thinking of all the goodies that we toss from our kitchens and pantries around January first and the official kick off to the diet season (may it be a short one!).
I realize that not everybody goes on a diet in the new year but for those of us who do I will be sharing a few more soup and salad recipes in January and above all I promise to keep my baking on the lighter side. I think that could be another list, top ten promises for 2013, will have to work on that one!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 & ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 & ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Large pinch of sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly butter or spray a 9" springform pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan or microwave and set aside to cool.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until the mixture thickens and becomes lighter in color, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the flour mixture, yogurt and melted butter, mixing just until smooth.
- Pour two-thirds of the batter, spreading evenly into the prepared pan.
- Add the Nutella to the remaining batter and beat until smooth.
- Pour the Nutella batter over the plain batter and using a rubber spatula swirl the Nutella batter into the plain batter creating a marble effect.
- Bake for 42-44 minutes, until the cake is firm to the touch on top and is coming away from the sides of the baking pan.
- Cool on rack.
- Release the sides of the springform pan and serve.