This simple curry is easier to make than meat curries, but still has plenty of protein. The coconut milk gives the dish rich flavor and enhances the spices.
By Anita Mokashi
Simple curry made from eggs, onion tomato paste and a dash of coconut milk. This egg curry is a quick fix for curry cravings. The coconut milk gives it an unique taste and also enhances the different flavors.
If you do not like coconut milk you can absolutely skip that ingredient. You can enjoy this curry as egg masala too.
- 6 boiled eggs, cut in half
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste (sold in most specialty grocery stores)
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3-4 curry leaves
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp oil
- chopped coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
- Boil the eggs and cut in half.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add onions, curry leaves, green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Sauté well.
- Now add the salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Sauté until oil separates from the mixture.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Finally add the eggs, garnish with coriander leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot with rice or chapati.