Nothing beats a good, moist, cinnamon flavored muffin. It’s like biting into a piece of cinnamon bliss.
By Suchitra Vaidyaram
A hardcore fan of cinnamon, I can munch on these goodies day in and out. I sure had fun baking them and it’s pretty easy to make. The recipe came from the blog velvetlava.blogspot.in. I had pinned it long time back and never had a chance to revisit. And when I did revisit, I realised I had all the ingredients to bake them. I was delighted when it came out perfect.
- ⅓ c. butter, melted
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 egg (preferably room temperature)
- 1½ c. all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ c. milk
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium-large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until combined, but still a bit lumpy. (Don't overmix).
- Scoop batter into muffin tins or muffin cups.
- Using a spoon, I got 12 medium muffins out of this batter; I think you could get 8-10 large muffins by distributing the batter generously.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.
- For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Place melted butter in another small bowl.
- Dip the warm muffins in melted butter, then dip/roll the muffin in cinnamon sugar.
- Enjoy with piping hot coffee :)