Beat the heat with this version of the classic cold coffee. Creamy, with hints of vanilla and a slight tartness from the raspberries, it will surely bring spring to you…via a straw.
By Shuchi Mittal
Vanilla and Raspberry Iced Coffee
A refreshing spring drink for coffee lovers.
Author: Shuchi Mittal
Recipe Type: Drinks
- ½ cup espresso or strong instant coffee in ½ cup hot water (for espresso ice cubes)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7-8 espresso ice cubes (see below)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (adjust per taste)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (I used Nescafe)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla coffee creamer (or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence mixed in 2 tablespoon heavy cream)
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- Mix the espresso/coffee with sugar and freeze in an ice tray to make ice cubes.
- Put the milk, instant coffee powder, sugar, raspberries, vanilla and 1-2 espresso cubes in a blender and blend for a quick minute.
- Serve immediately in a tall glass filled with the remaining espresso cubes.
- Simple, and oh-so refreshing!