Highlight and savor summer’s tomatoes with this easy tomato jam complete with olive oil and garlic. Serve over burgers for a gourmet alternative to ketchup.
Recipe by Lynda Balslev
- 2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic slightly smashed but still intact
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar optional
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and salt in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally and pressing tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Discard garlic.
- Taste for seasoning and add sugar if desired. Let cool completely. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
Offering more than 14,000 recipes plus features and DIYs on cooking, dining and entertaining, Relish celebrates America's love of food. Relish is about honoring cooking traditions while exploring new trends and ideas, which is why millions of people turn to both Relish.com and Relish Magazine for special occasion recipes, quick and easy weeknight suppers and culinary adventures.