It’s National Mac and Cheese Day! We’re celebrating with this baked summer squash succotash mac and cheese.
If you haven’t heard of Three Bridges yet, now is the time to check it out. They make a premium line of easy-to-prepare pastas and sauce created with clean, fresh ingredients like hormone-free cheeses and no preservatives or artificial flavors, just real ingredients.
This is their recipe for summer squash succotash mac and cheese loaded with even more goodness, thanks to summer’s bounty.
Summer Squash Succotash Mac and Cheese
- 1-12 oz pkg Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac & Cheese Kit
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 1 each red bell pepper diced 3/8"
- 1 each summer squash diced 3/8"
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the melted butter to coat. Then mix in the parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a sheet pan, combine corn, red pepper, summer squash and cherry tomato. Coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Level to a flat layer and roast for 15- 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prepare Three Bridges Creamy Cheddar Mac n Cheese per directions the pour into a small oven safe baking casserole dish.
- Stir in the roasted vegetables and gently stir in until just barely combined. Top with the breadcrumb mixture;
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the breadcrumb topping is lightly browned.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.