Tomato sauce out of the can is almost always kinda gross. Try this super simple recipe instead.
By Lauren Tangey
- - 500ml of organic passata
- - 1 clove of garlic
- - 2 chipolte peppers, diced, in adobo sauce (two tablespoons of the sauce as well)
- - 1 small spanish onion, diced
- - 1 tablespoon of butter
- - 1 heaped teaspoon of firmly packed brown sugar *optional*
- - good quality balsamic vinegar
- In a small saucepan saute the onion and garlic in butter and a good dash of olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add passata, diced chipolte peppers, sugar and a good slurp of balsamic vinegar and simmer for 20-30minutes. Check for seasoning.
- Serve warm :)
Food Lover. Food Blogger. Chef. Mother. Lover. Free Spirit. Ever Evolving... Lauren Tangey thinks food is exciting and not to mention versatile. It’s time to get back to basics. It’s time to get involved in the food we eat.