Careful not to overcook the potatoes, if they’re too mushy they won’t stay on the sticks for party-worthy serving.
By Sanjeeta Kk
Spiced Baby Potato Pops
Careful not to overcook the potatoes, if they're too mushy they won't stay on the sticks for party-worthy serving.
Author: Sanjeeta Kk
Recipe Type: Appetiser
- 20-25 baby potatoes
- ½ cup curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Bengal gram
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- A pinch of asafetida powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash a boil baby potatoes in water for 10 minutes till they turn soft but not mushy in texture.
- Cool and peel the baby potatoes. Wash and pat dry the curry leaves.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast Bengal gram (channa daal) till it turns golden brown in colour. Add coriander seeds in the same pan and dry roast on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out the roasted ingredients in a separate bolw. Add 1 tsp. of oil in the same pan and fry curry leaves till they turn dry and crisp, for about 5-6 minutes.
- Grind roasted gram, coriander seeds, curry leaves, red chillies into coarse powder.
- Heat rest of oil in non-stick pan, add sesame seeds and let it splutter.
- Add asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, salt and the ground powder in the same pan and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add peeled baby potatoes in the pan and stir to coat each potato with the ground spice mix.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Insert a tooth pick to each spice coated baby potato and serve as a healthy party snack.