This milkshake is simple and straight to the point. No fancy tricks, just really delicious.
The base of this milkshake is made with french vanilla ice cream. I wanted the flavor of the vanilla specks to shine through in this recipe, and they do. This milkshake is simple and straight to the point. No fancy tricks on this one.
- ½ cup milk (I used 2%)
- 2 cups french vanilla ice cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 Oreo cookies
- whipped cream for topping
- Place milk, french vanilla ice cream, and pure vanilla extract in blender. Set aside.
- Scrape the filling out of 3 Oreo cookies and place only the cookies in the blender.
- Start blender on low speed and progress to high speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour milkshake into cup and cover with whipped topping.
- Scrape filling out of remaining Oreo cookie. Crumble cookie over whipped topping.