According to Robin Runner, this is by far the most delicious dessert bread you will ever taste.
By Robin Runner
Eggnog bread with a rum glaze.
I make this each year to share with friends and neighbors. It is by far the most incredible dessert bread you will eat or give.
Author: Robin Runner
Recipe Type: Dessert, Quick Bread, Gift-giving
Serves: 4 loaves
- 2 eggs
- 1 and ½ cups of regular eggnog (not low fat)
- 2 tsp Spiced Rum
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter @ room temperature
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 package of instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp eggnog
- 2 tbl Spiced Rum
- ⅛ tsp of ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray your loaf, muffin etc. pan with non stick spray with flour.
- In your mixer using the paddle – mix together the eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- The butter will remain clumpy but that is just fine.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and blend until incorporated.
- Avoid over mixing. Again, the butter will remain clumpy and this is to be expected.
- The butter will melt when cooking.
- Pour into your prepared choice of pan(s).
- Bake your mini loaves for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- A regular loaf pan will take about 45-55 minutes.
- Glaze instructions:
- Whisk together and pour over your cooled eggnog bread.