This juicy, flavorful chicken is made in the oven and ready from start to finish in 45 minutes. Enjoy!
By Nicole Medgenberg
- - 4 large chicken breasts, halved
- - 2 cups baby carrots (or regular carrots into pieces)
- - 1 red onion sliced ??into thin strips
- - 1 stalk fresh rosemary
- - 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- - 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- - 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- - ½ teaspoon chili powder
- - 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- - 2 tablespoons soy
- - 2 tablespoons ketchup
- - 3 tablespoons olive oil (+1 for Pyrex)
- In a bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients with a spoon (rosemary, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, vinagra balsamic, soy, ketchup and olive oil).The mixture smells delicious!
- Add the breast pieces, incorporate well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in an oven dish, spread the carrots, onion slices and drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on top of vegetables, adding the liquid that's left to the bowl with a spoon.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes at 200ºC.
Nicole Medgenberg is a German-Mexican food, travel and lifestyle journalist based in Mexico City. She writes for several Latin American publications including National Geographic Traveler and Cosmopolitan Magazine. She has a passion for traveling, eating local food, cooking and writing about it all in her food blog La Cocinera con Prisa.