Slather this amazingly sweet and spicy Jalapeño Beet Ketchup on your next veggie pattie, burger or dip your sweet fries in it. You really can’t go wrong with this delicious sauce.
If you’ve ever eaten at By Chloe, you’ve had the pleasure of trying beet ketchup. I had never even heard of it prior to eating at Chloe’s restaurant but once taste… and my husband Bill and I were head over heels.
So that’s where the inspiration for this yummy recipe started. I researched several recipes online and this was the final creation. Pretty easy. I also went the spicy route but you can easily omit if you don’t prefer spice. This ketchup is perfect with roasted veggies, especially sweet potatoes! My husband loved it on his vegan burger as well.
Jalapeño Beet KetchupRobin Runner
- 4 medium to large cooked red beets peeled and diced
- 3/4 c of apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 jalapeno halved (stem removed)
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- 1/3 c yellow onion diced into smaller pieces
- 1 ?2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Place all of your ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done cooking, when the beets are fork tender, turn the heat off.
- Let the mixture cool a bit, let's say 15 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a high powered blender and blend on high for 60-90 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon into a glass container with a lid and store in the fridge for up to 30 days.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.