Get your spoons ready for this summery, cool and perfectly sweet strawberry and cream dessert.
Let’s celebrate the rest of this season with something refreshingly sweet, deliciously fluffy, and laughably easy to make. Because who wants to be sweating in the kitchen for too long when it’s this hot outside?! Oh, not I. I rather be barefoot and sun-kissed, relaxing by the pool. Ice-cold drink in hand and diving into one of these.
Make sure to check out my recipe below to see how easy it is to turn three simple ingredients into a magical dessert. And yes, you heard me right … I said THREE. All you need for this dessert are strawberries, whipping cream and sugar. A whisk (to whip the cream) and a blender (to puree the strawberries with the sugar). Combine in a cute little jar, and this irresistible treat is ready to be served in five minutes or less. Luscious, fluffy, and fresh.
That’s what summer should be all about, right?!?
Cool Strawberry Mousse
- 1 cup 235 ml of whipping cream
- 14 oz 400 gr of fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup 65 gr of sugar
- Whip the whipping cream until very firm.
- Save 4 strawberries to decorate the top of the cups, and puree the rest with the sugar.
- Pour some of the strawberry puree to the bottom of four serving glasses. Mine are 6 fl oz each if filled to the rim.
- Add the rest of the strawberry puree to the whipping cream, and fold with a spoon until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Fill the glasses with the strawberry mousse and decorate with one strawberry cut in half.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a day.
Born and raised in Venice, Italy, Manuela now lives with her husband and two children in Los Angeles, California. In her blog, Cooking with Manuela, she strives to share her passion for Italian food. As a mom of two young boys, most of her dinner preparations are done while checking homework, quizzing for science tests, and looking for Lego pieces. Her step-by-step recipes help readers create delicious food while on a busy schedule. There is nothing as special as ending your day with your family or friends sharing a good conversation and a tasty homemade meal.