This bright grapefruit citrus cake is made soft with yogurt and the perfect addition to your weekend brunch table this spring.
I’m obsessed with all citrus right now, and this grapefruit yogurt cake is everything and more, and it NEEDS to make an appearance at your weekend brunch table. Mother’ Day, Sunday brunch, I don’t care… Just do it.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit zest 1 grapefruit
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, grapefruit zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it's all well incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup grapefruit juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the grapefruit-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and grapefruit juice and drizzle over the cake.
Laney spends her time being a home cook, mom, wife, workout junkie, and ultra crazy food lover.