This combination of Farmers’ Market fresh mint and cantaloupe is a pairing made in culinary heaven with minimal prep.
By Pooja Mottl
- 1 ½ lbs (24 oz) organic fresh, ripe cantaloupe chunks (about 2 small melons, cut)
- 20 leaves fresh mint and more for garnish (about 4 to 5 sprigs)
- 4 teaspoons organic Grade A maple syrup (or to taste)
- Place melon chunks and mint springs in stainless steel vessel and place in freezer for at least three hours.
- Remove melons and, depending on temperature in your kitchen, allow melons to thaw at room temp for 3 to 10 minutes.
- Remove mint from freezer and add mint leaves, slightly thawed melons, and syrup to food processor. Gently pulse until melons break down into a granita-like texture, making sure mixture does not become too thin. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out granita, shape into balls, and plate. Garnish with remaining mint and enjoy immediately!
Pooja Mottl is a Natural Foods Chef & Culinary Instructor, specializing in making healthy food delicious, quick, and simple to cook. Her creations, training, and food philosophy are based on the use of sustainable, organic, and unrefined ingredients to boost flavor and wholesomeness.