This pumpkin pie recipe from Sanjeeta Kk, is the perfect winter pie.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup All purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. cold water or more
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup Pumpkin puree (recipe here)
- ½ cup plain milk or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. cornflour or arrowroot powder
- Few Caramel chips or chocolate chips (optional)
- Lightly grind the oats and mix it with salt and All purpose four (maida ina large vessel.
- Make a well in between and pour oil in it. Rub the dry ingredients with finger tips to incorporate the oil. Add water little by little and keep mixing the ingredients till it holds together.
- Spray a pie dish with oil (preferably with removable bottom). Pour the above prepared pie crust in it. Spread it evenly all over the pie dish and press it lightly to mae it uniform.
- Bake the pie crust at 200°C (390F) for 10 minutes.
- Prepare pumpkin puree as per the following recipe. Mix cornflour or arrowroot powder in cold milk and empty it in the pumpkin puree.
- Pour the pie filling in the baked pie crust and spread it evenly in the pie dish. Sprinkle caramel chips over the pie.
- Bake the pumpkin pie at 200°C (390F) for 35-40 minutes till the top turns brown.
- Cool the pumpkin pie completely before slicing, as it takes time for the pie to get firm.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cooled Pumpkin pie, slice and serve cold with fresh cream or caramel sauce.
- The caramel chips added over the pie filling made it a winner recipe.
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community