This is an all-purpose dish and can be enjoyed at both breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
By Laura Davidson
Ok, I don’t mean to brag or anything, but does that look delicious or what? I have to secretly admit that being a food stylist would be a pretty darn cool job, in my opinion at least. The best part is that this really does not require any type of culinary skill–so no excuses people! The possibilities are also endless, so feel free to be inspired and add additional “burrito innards.” While I call this a breakfast burrito, it is an all-purpose dish and can be enjoyed at both breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enough of me talking, give the darn recipe! Ok, here ya go:
- 100% whole-wheat wrap (I recommend Tam-X-Ico or Food for Life brand)
- ¼ avocado
- 1-1.5 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese (I love Cabot!)
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh pico-de-gallo (I used a black bean, corn, and tomato version from local store)
- 1 whole egg & 1 egg white
- mixed baby greens
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat; slice and grate cheese over wrap and heat in skillet until lightly melted, remove. Evenly spread mashed avocado, followed by pico de gallo on the wrap.
- Meanwhile, break egg and additional egg white into skillet and scramble–I call this “messy-scrambled” style and prefer non-beaten scrambled eggs, because you get a great mix of both white and yolk in every bite!
- Add scrambled eggs to wrap, followed by mixed greens, and proceed to roll it up! Add fresh fruit on the side and garnish with more salsa.