This casserole version of French toast is easy enough for the kids to make! Assemble the night before, and pop it into the oven in the morning. The whole house will smell delightful. Serve with fresh fruit and/or maple syrup. Read more recipes from the Wildwood Family Cookbook here. Bon Appetit!
The Rubin Family's Easy Delicious French Toast
- 1 (16oz) challah loaf (brioche also OK)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil or butter a 9x13-inch glass baking pan (use an 8x8 pan if using a smaller loaf).
- Tear bread into bite sized pieces and place in pan.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar. Pour mixture over top of bread.
- Wait a few minutes to let liquid soak into bread, gently tossing bread around a little to soak evenly. Sprinkle top with a little Turbinado sugar.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, uncovered. The Bake will puff up once done.