Sitting inside a traditional pie crust a sour cream and blueberry pie filling turns into delicious summer dessert bars.
By Gina Kleinworth
Oh my goodness- I love making treats with fruit. I love making delicious bar dessert! Check out all my yummy bars here. I wander the produce isle or look in our co-op produce basket & the wheels start turning in my head of all the things I can make. This time I had a pile of blueberries.
Then I found this recipe from Sheena at Hot Eats and Cool Reads. I adapted the recipe to my liking. These were simply divine. This recipe was simple and these Blueberry Pie Bars a snap to make.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1½ sticks cold butter (cubed)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- pinch salt
- Grease 9x13 glass baking dish- set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, sugar, salt & cubed butter to mixing bowl, beat until combined & crumbly.
- Take 1 cup of mixture & set aside. Take remaining mixture & firmly press into your baking dish, covering the bottom. Bake 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking- whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, sour cream, flour & salt.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Set aside.
- When crust is ready - remove from oven & add filling. Gently spooning over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture you had set aside.
- Bake 1 hour or until top is lightly browned.
- Cool before serving if eating alone.
- If serving warm- add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top :)