This rich and decadent hot cocoa drink is spiked with port wine and perfect for the coldest days ahead.
Heaven on earth, in a mug. If loving you is wrong I don’t wanna be right. Indulge yourself with this divine port wine hot chocolate drink.
Port Wine Hot CocoaLei Zhang
- 100 g 70% dark chocolate finely chopped
- ½ cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Warm the milk in a pan over a medium heat and stir in the chocolate, cocoa powder,vanilla extract, sugar and salt until the chocolate has melted
- Add the port wine and serve
My name is Lei. I grew up in China and have been living in New Zealand for almost two decades. During the day time, I work in an IT job. My passion for food and photograph has led me to this space where I can share my recipes and express my artistic side. I am striving to find the best matched ingredients to create the simple and tasty dishes. I summarize the recipes to as simple as possible and leave the room for your creativity. Thanks for stopping by, grab your aprons, get cooking, enjoy the food and life!