Full of lovely fall flavors, this homemade pumpkin spice creamer can be made with non-dairy milks and is a great addition to your morning coffee.
This better-for-you, dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free, vegan creamer is full of lovely fall flavors, without all of the added junk.
The pumpkin spice creamer is a simple blend of dates, nondairy milk, real pumpkin and spices. Whip it up in about 5 minutes and it will last the whole week. Another plus- it’s actually made with “real” food ingredients, so no need to feel guilty about indulging in this special seasonal treat!
Be sure to make a batch of pumpkin pancakes to go with your coffee!Print
- Author: Kim Lee
- Yield: 2 1/4 cups 1x
- Category: Coffee, Creamer
- ½ cup dates (pitted*)
- ½ cup hot water
- 1.5 cups nondairy milk of choice**
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin filling)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add dates and hot water into the pitcher of a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until dates are a smooth paste.
- Add nondairy milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract; continue blending until all ingredients are well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. Shake creamer before each use.
- Creamer will last 1 to 2 weeks and will thicken over time.
*I use large medjool dates, found in the produce section of your grocery store or in bulk bins. If dates are dry, soak for about 30 mins before blending to soften them.
**I like to use a combination of full fat coconut milk and unsweetened almond or cashew milk. Using the full fat coconut milk will make your creamer thicker and more creamy.
Kim is a freelance recipe developer, writer, and the author behind the healthy living blog, Kim’s Cravings. Kim has a passion for sharing nutritious delicious recipes and showing others that eating right can be easy and tasty.