Full of lovely fall flavors, this homemade pumpkin spice creamer can be made with non-dairy milks and is a great addition to your morning coffee.
This better-for-you, dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free, vegan creamer is full of lovely fall flavors, without all of the added junk.
The pumpkin spice creamer is a simple blend of dates, nondairy milk, real pumpkin and spices. Whip it up in about 5 minutes and it will last the whole week. Another plus- it’s actually made with “real” food ingredients, so no need to feel guilty about indulging in this special seasonal treat!
Be sure to make a batch of pumpkin pancakes to go with your coffee!
- ½ cup dates pitted*
- ½ cup hot water
- 1.5 cups nondairy milk of choice**
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin filling
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add dates and hot water into the pitcher of a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until dates are a smooth paste.
- Add nondairy milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and vanilla extract; continue blending until all ingredients are well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. Shake creamer before each use.
- Creamer will last 1 to 2 weeks and will thicken over time.
**I like to use a combination of full fat coconut milk and unsweetened almond or cashew milk. Using the full fat coconut milk will make your creamer thicker and more creamy.
Kim is a freelance recipe developer, writer, and the author behind the healthy living blog, Kim’s Cravings. Kim has a passion for sharing nutritious delicious recipes and showing others that eating right can be easy and tasty.