Try a delicious spiced hot chocolate with hints of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice topped with whipped cream and marshmallows.
The aroma from the simmering mixture of milk, cocoa ,and spices is absolutely amazing. Stirred into the mixture was also a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste ( I am obsessed with vanilla bean) then topped with whipped cream and marshmallows. This spiced hot cocoa is just pure decadence. With each sip you get the subtle kick of the spices which is fantastic. Absolute comfort!!
Quick and easy warming drink to enjoy during the cold rainy days. Add more spice mix to your hot cocoa for an extra kick.
I enjoyed my spiced mix hot cocoa with a soft baked ginger crinkle cookie. A great combo.
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons all spice
- 480 ml 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup pure cocoa powder
- 1/4 icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon spice mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- optional toppings whipping cream, marshmallows
- Make spice mix by combining cinnamon,nutmeg, ginger and all spice. Mix well and store in airtight container
- Add all the ingredients for the hot cocoa in a pan. Heat over a low heat , until simmering stirring frequently. Remove from heat and serve with toppings.
- Now kick back and enjoy.
Originally, from Ghana in West Africa, Chichi lives and works in London, Uk with her family. A sudden unusual love and passion for all things cake and baking introduced her to the world of blogging. ChiChi is the writer and photographer behind the blog Cakes By Chichi where she shares recipes, tutorials and photos of food she has made.