Chocolate lovers know that receiving chocolate is always exciting, and these chocolate brownies are great to wrap as a gift for the holidays.
By Ann Low
- Chocolate crumbles
- 45g Plain flour
- 12g Valrohna cocoa powder
- 25g Sugar
- 30g Soft butter
- Mix all the chocolate crumbs ingredients well with finger tips and set aside.
- 4 Egg whites
- 130g Melted chocolate (65g Valrohna chocolate & 65g semi-sweet chocolate)
- 130g Soft butter
- 125g Sugar
- 4 Egg yolks
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Walnuts, slighty crush
- 140g Plain flour )
- 2½ tbsp Valrohna cocoa powder } sieve together
- 1 tsp Baking powder )
- 1 tsp Baking soda )
- Whisk egg whites till stiff and fold in melted chocolate with a rubber spatula.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla extract till creamy and pour into egg white mixture, mix well and add in walnuts.
- Add sifted flour mixture with 3-4 tablespoon fresh milk, fold well.
- Pour mixture into a 10 x 6½ inch or 8 inch square (lined all sides) tray and sprinkle chocolate crumbles on top.
- Bake at preheated oven 170C for about 40-45 minutes or test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
Ann Low is the author of Anncoo Journal, and loves to bake and cook for both family and friends. She acquired a strong passion for culinary skills from a very young age by watching her grandmother prepare delicious meals for the family. Ann believes that baking is an art and she wants to share her baking and cooking experiences with everyone in the world.