Make a big batch of this cozy mulled wine and wow your friends, family and guests first with the aroma and then with the taste as you host them for holiday and winter festivities.
Looking for a perfectly cozy party drink that you can make in a big batch? We have just the recipe for you, from Kat Tanita of With Love From Kat.
Inspired by the Callie Collection Fresh Red Blend, Kat created a recipe to make the most of the holiday season with your girlfriends or family over a bottle (or two) of wine. This easy-to-make Callie Collection Harvest Mulled Wine is refreshing, delicious, and totally warming.
This mulled wine also makes a great gift. Wrap up the spices in a small bag and tie around the neck of the wine bottle.
Cozy Mulled Wine
- Muslin Bags or Neutral Colored Cheese Cloth
- Bakers Twine
- Dried Herb Springs or fresh whole Cinnamon Sticks for garnish
- Pretty Hang Tags or Recycled Paper for Recipe
- 3-4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 30 Cloves
- 20 Allspice Berries
- 3 Black Cardamom Pods
- Optional: Fresh Orange Slices or Dried Orange Peels
- Optional: Garnish: Star Anise
- Prepare your Callie Collection Fresh Red Blend x Harvest Mulled Wine recipe cards in advance on pretty paper with a little handwritten note for a special touch
- Measure out appropriate number of spices required per each bottle of Callie Collection Red Blend as it pertains to the recipe
- Fill each muslin bag with appropriate amount of ingredients
- Loop twine through recipe card and special note
- Fasten with a tie or pretty fall colored ribbon
- The perfect gift is ready to go for all of your upcoming fall / winter party needs!
- When you’re ready to make your mulled wine – pour 1/2 cup of Callie Collection Fresh Red Blend wine, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of brandy and contents of bag into a pot on the stove. Bring to a medium-high heat for 3 minutes then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.