Try your favorite comfort foods with a nutritional twist. This pizza crust is made of cauliflower and is so delicious. It is ok to break tradition, because it is as tasty as the real deal.
By Nina Jesih
Have you even been wondering how to make your favourite comfort food healthier? Wonder no more, here is a recipe for a dish that all of your family will enjoy with pleasure. And some may not even guess that it is not the real deal.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 150g cheese
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 pinch of salt
- tomato sauce
- ham (by choice)
- Cook your cauliflower in boiling water till it softens. Drain it and knead it by hand (don’t use stick hand blender). Add a blended egg, oregano and a fist full of grated cheese. Knead some more.
- Put the “dough” in a baking tray (you can use wax paper underneath) and shape it in a form of pizza dough.
- Bake for 40 minutes on 392°.
- When the cauliflower is baked, put on some tomatoe sauce, remaining grated cheese and anything else you want on your pizza.
- Put the tray back in the oven for 10 minutes, so the cheese can melt.
- When you take it out, just look at it for a few seconds and be amazed that it actually looks like a real pizza.
Mmmm, pizza! I could it every day. Of course with loads of cheese, ham and mushrooms. I can’t get enough of it.
Nina is an art historian from Slovenia, who really likes to eat. Especially junk food, so she balances it with all the natural remedies to keep her body fit, despite her profligate eating lifestyle. Also to keep up with her hunger for exciting food, she stays active in sports.