Vegetable noodles are a popular Indo-Chinese recipe with plenty of vegetables and sauce. With a touch of spicy peppers, these noodles can easily be made ahead and taken with you for lunch or a picnic.
By Priti S
Vegetable Fried Noodles or veg noodles is an Indo-Chinese recipe popular among all ages and this spicy noodles recipe for the people whom like spicy food unlike Hakka Noodles which is not very spicy. Both the recipes are almost same here we just add lot of sauce to make the noodles more spicy and choice of vegetables still remains to what we like.
You have to pair these noodles along with any soup or gobi manchurian to make a simple yet satisfying meal.
This is a great recipe than can easily be packed away for lunch.
- 2 Cups or 200 gms - Plain Noodles
- ¾ Cup - Cabbage
- 1 Medium - Onion [optional]
- 1 Medium - Carrot
- 10 to 12 - French Beans
- ½ Medium - Capsicum
- 4 Sprigs - Spring Onion
- 1 tbsp - Finely Chopped Garlic
- ½ tbsp - Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1 tbsp - Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp - Chili Sauce
- ½ tbsp - Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tsp - Soya Sauce
- To Taste - Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp - Oil
- Heat enough water in a pan with salt and few drops of oil, once water starts to boil add noodles and cook until they are just cooked or al dente. Drain noodles in a colander or sieve, under colander until tap water to rinse noodles and keep side.
- While noodles getting cooked, peel and julienne carrot, slice onion, thinly sliced diagonally or finely chopped beans, julienne or finely chopped capsicum, finely chop spring onion, garlic, ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan add garlic,ginger spring onion white part and saute until light brown, add onion and saute until soft and pink. Add carrot and saute for 2 minute in medium to high flame.
- Add beans and saute for a minute, next add capsicum, cabbage and saute for another minute. Now add salt, pepper, tomato sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, soya sauce and mix everything well. (all sauce has salt so add less salt or taste and add salt if requied)
- Add noodles (rinse again in tap water if it's getting stick) and mix well to combine everything, add spring onion and mix again and cook for 1-2 minutes, off flame
- Serve hot with manchurian or any side dish of choice.
You can add ¼ tsp ajinomoto along with salt and pepper if preferred.
If cooked noodles begin to get sticky then just keep submerged in tap water and toss gently.