This is a super simple coffee chocolate cake with nice topping of crusted hazelnuts and extra chocolate sauce to cure a sweet tooth craving.
By Manar Magdy
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup good quality cocoa
- 1 tsp baling powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup veg oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup crushed hazelnuts
- for chocolate sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 170 degree
- grease a 9 inch round pan and set aside
- sift all dry ingredients
- in a large mixing pawl whisk the two eggs using electric mixer then add sugar gradually while mixing.
- dissolve the coffee in warm water and whisk in egg mixture then oil.
- add your dry ingredients and stir using spatula .
- pour the mixture in the prepared pan then sprinkle the crushed hazelnuts then bake for 35-40 minutes
- let the cake to cool completely
- bring heavy cream to boil then pour into chocolate and stir well, let it to a bit cool and add it to cake
Manar Magdy is a food blogger and editor that holds a diploma in nutrition, health and diet science. She loves cooking and sharing her recipes, something that pushed her to create a blog and start writing and sharing recipes over the internet.