Aloo Matar - Peas with Potatoes
Peas with potatoes in a tomatoes onion based gravy. It’s tangy and spicy at the same time. Tastes best with hot phulkas.
Author: Anita Mokashi
Recipe Type: Side
- 5 potatoes chopped in cubes
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, garlic and green chillies paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil. Add cumin and mustard seeds. let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and ginger garlic green chillies paste. Sauté till the onion turns translucent.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and all dry masalas. Cook for 15 mins.
- Add yoghurt and mix well.
- Finally add peas, potatoes, salt and water. Cover the pan and cook for 15 mins. Keep on stirring in between.
- Garnish with coriander and serve it with hot phulkas.