PARTNER POST: October is National Seafood Month, reinvent your recipes with new ideas of to feature potatoes and seafood in one dish.
Cozy up to this hearty potato and seafood stew. It’s creamy, flavorful and the perfect way to warm yourself to the bone this season.
There’s something so comforting about the combination of seafood and potatoes. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love it!
This potato and seafood stew is my happy place right now. It’s comforting, cozy, and even healthy! I used petite potatoes as the hearty base for this stew, and they were simply perfect. So creamy and flavorful, they paired so well with the tomato base and chunky seafood.
I love this dish because it’s easy enough to make for a weeknight meal, and good enough to make for a special occasion. Or even better? Cozy up by the fire with a blanket and a book, and a big bowl of this.
For another delicious seafood recipe, try this. Click here for the Potato Farl recipe.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound petite potatoes, halved
- 2 (15 ounce) cans seafood stock
- ½ pound halibut, diced in 1 inch pieces
- ½ pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium/high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the halibut and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the shrimp, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook for 3-5 more minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Serve immediately!