A North Indian delicacy,its hard not to love the rich, thick creamy spinach with succulent, almost melting Paneer chunks ready to be scooped with an Indian Flatbread.
By Soni Sinha
The fresh vibrant color just brightens up any plate and can make anybody hungry! Its a weekly staple in our house since my kids adore this dish so much!
- Fresh Spinach-2 Packets (6oz each)
- Paneer- 250 gms
- Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
- 2 medium Onions-chopped fine
- Crushed Ginger- 2 tsp
- Crushed Garlic-2 tsp
- Tomato - 2
- Ground Coriander-2 tsp
- Ground Cumin- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Sour creme or heavy cream-1 tbsp
- Oil-3 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Boil the spinach for two minutes in a cup of water.Once its cool, puree until all smooth.
- Puree the tomatoes.
- Cube the paneer and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and add the cumin seeds.
- Once it splutters add onions and saute until slightly golden.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomato puree and spices,salt and cook on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pureed spinach and paneer and let it simmer on medium heat until paneer is soft.Add a little water if its too thick.
- Add the sour creme or heavy cream.Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with Roti or Naan!