There’s something so charming about mixing ingredients together to the soundtrack of a spring rain.
These Iced Blueberry Vanilla Squares were actually a delicious accident! I was planning on making Blueberry Kuchen, but got distracted by several important phone calls and completely forgot to throw together the crumble topping. I almost didn’t photograph the finished product because I was so annoyed with myself (the crumble is the best part, CMON) until I tried a bite with some vanilla drizzle. Yum! So perfect with a homemade latte!
These are delicious for a morning breakfast treat or dessert! Just the right amount of sweetness, super fluffy, and little bursts of tartness and texture from the blueberries. You could also throw in a few handful of nuts if you wanted some crunch!
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Stir in the melted butter, milk, egg, vanilla extract until evenly combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Grease or line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Pour in the mixture and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Make the icing and drizzle on top. (Click the link above for the recipe.)