PARTNER POST: Get ready to serve a holiday crowd with cocktail recipes easily topped with sparkling Lunetta Prosecco.
Mix up this ginger cranberry bellini as a festive sparkling cocktail that’s perfect for brunch or holiday parties.
It’s almost Christmas! Time to wrap those last minute gifts, stuff the stockings, and arm yourself with an amazing cocktail. These Cranberry Ginger Bellinis are sparkling, festive and perfect to serve at your holiday brunch or as an aperitif before Christmas dinner.
The best part about these cocktails is that all the work can be done ahead of time, before your guests arrive. Just prepare the cranberry-ginger simple syrup and pop it in the refrigerator – You can do this up to a week ahead of time. When you’re ready to serve the cocktails, just place some of the simple syrup into a champagne flute, top with sparkling wine, and, if you’d like to get extra fancy, garnish with some fresh rosemary and cranberries. If you freeze the cranberries ahead, they’ll even do double duty to keep your cocktails cold.
The cranberry-ginger simple syrup is just that – Simple. Mix equal parts water and sugar, heat and stir until the sugar dissolves, throw in some cranberries and sliced up ginger, and let it steep away for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, just strain the syrup, and let it chill – Get it nice and cold before serving – No one likes a warm cocktail. Once the process is complete you’ll have the most beautiful, bright red, flavorful syrup.
You can make your cocktails as flavored as you’d like by adding just a little, or a lot of the syrup. Also, if you have some non-drinkers in the group, this syrup is also fantastic added to some sparkling water and served over ice.
Either way you serve it, this cocktail is guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit. Do you have a favorite cocktail that you like to enjoy to celebrate the holidays? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
For another easy holiday cocktail, try this Prosecco Spiced Cocktail. Recipe here.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Lunetta Prosecco
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan stir together water, sugar, cranberries and ginger. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let mixture simmer until sugar completely dissolves. Take care because cranberries will pop. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain ginger and cranberries from syrup mixture and let cool completely.
- Assemble the bellinis by adding the sparkling wine to a champagne flute, filing halfway, top off with the cranberry-ginger simple syrup. Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired.