A sublime salted caramel sauce for pouring, dipping or bathing in.
By Christina Soong-Kroeger
- 75 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams raw caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup 130 mls cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Put first three ingredients into a small saucepan and bring almost to the boil.
- Immediately add the cream, stir and then simmer for three minutes.
- Add salt and stir.
- Turn off heat and leave to cool. The sauce will darken and thicken.
- Store in the fridge but heat up before serving.