Whilst London is basking in what is likely to be the hottest summer for years, Reena Pastakia has stopped eating hot food. No, not spicy food. Warm food.
By Reena Pastakia
Picnics are in, three-course dinners are most definitely out. If you are trying to cater a picnic or barbecue for someone who won’t eat mayonnaise, this hard to resist potato salad is the perfect side dish.
- 250 grams new potatoes (preferably Jersey Royals)
- 8 mint leaves – shredded
- 2 small spring onions – chopped (including the green stems)
- 1 large clove garlic – crushed
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 40 millilitres creme fraiche
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes until cooked.
- Drain and leave them to one side to cool. This may take an hour or so.
- Once cool, dice the potatoes into 1 centimetre cubes.
- Place the mint leaves, spring onions, garlic, chilli flakes and creme fraiche in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix well and then season to taste with the salt and black pepper.
- Add the diced potatoes and mix again.