A little sweet with creamy milk chocolate, but loaded with protein and fiber from chia seeds and pistachios, these no-bake pistachio chocolate bites are the perfect snack.
If salt is indeed counted as an ingredeint, then these little, Super Easy No Bake Chocolate Pistachio Bites consist of 6 ingredients: pistachios, certified gluten-free old fashioned oats, chia seeds, dates, indulgent milk chocolate and a couple of pinches of salt. If not, these contain only 5 ingredients!
These bites are a tad bit different from the bites I’ve shared here before in that they contain no almond butter or peanut butter. I simply ground up pistachios and old fashioned oats in my blender till they were a flour-like consistency. Then, I added in dates that had been soaked in warm water, chia seeds and some deliciously creamy and indulgent, melted milk chocolate and rolled these naughty and nutritious Chocolate Pistachio Bites up!
If you use certified gluten free oats, these little bites would be gluten free as well as dairy free! If you happen to give these a try, I would so love to know what ya think…
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios
- ½ cup certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 dates soaked in warm water for 5-10 minutes
- ½ cup good quality milk chocolate melted (or dark)
- 2 pinches salt
- Place the pistachios and oats in a high speed blender and pulse till well ground and look flour-like almost.
- Add in the soaked dates, chia seeds and salt and pulse till mixture clumps up.
- Then, spoon pistachio mixture into a bowl.
- If you haven't already, melt the milk chocolate (you could use dark chocolate if you prefer) in a broiler or in the microwave (check and stir at 25-30 sec intervals - took a total of 45 seconds for mine to melt and not be too hot). Make sure melted chocolate isn't too hot. If it's hot, then let it cool a bit. Then pour melted chocolate into the pistachio, oats, dates, chia mixture and stir well.
- Gather teaspoons of mixture up and roll to form bites/balls.
- Chill these easy no bake chocolate pistachio bites for 30 minutes before enjoying.
- *They can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days (at least that's how long they lasted in our house).