A little sweet with creamy milk chocolate, but loaded with protein and fiber from chia seeds and pistachios, these no-bake pistachio chocolate bites are the perfect snack.
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup certified gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 dates soaked in warm water for 5–10 minutes
- 1/2 cup good quality milk chocolate melted (or dark)
- 2 pinches salt
- Place the pistachios and oats in a high speed blender and pulse till well ground and look flour-like almost.
- Add in the soaked dates, chia seeds and salt and pulse till mixture clumps up.
- Then, spoon pistachio mixture into a bowl.
- If you haven’t already, melt the milk chocolate (you could use dark chocolate if you prefer) in a broiler or in the microwave (check and stir at 25-30 sec intervals – took a total of 45 seconds for mine to melt and not be too hot). Make sure melted chocolate isn’t too hot. If it’s hot, then let it cool a bit. Then pour melted chocolate into the pistachio, oats, dates, chia mixture and stir well.
- Gather teaspoons of mixture up and roll to form bites/balls.
- Chill these easy no bake chocolate pistachio bites for 30 minutes before enjoying.
- *They can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days (at least that’s how long they lasted in our house).
- Category: Dessert, Snack