Try not to eat these crunchy chewy honey cookies as fast as they come out of the oven.
As much as we tried, we’ve been very immature with these cookies because they are just too good with their crunchy outside and soft, chewy center.
Crunchy Chewy Honey Cookies
Author: Ariel Rebel
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 18 cookies
- ¼ cup of unsalted, soft butter
- 3 tablespoons of golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cane sugar
- ½ of honey (I used apple blossom from Intermiel)
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup of sifted all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- - In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with the sugars (whisk together till you get a soft paste) before intruding the egg yolk.
- - Pour in the honey, mix well. Reserve
- - In another mixing bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda before introducing it to the liquid mixture. Whisk till the dough is uniformed.
- - Wrap in plastic and leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours to overnight before cooking.
- - 10 minutes before cooking... Pre-heat the oven at 325 and prepare two baking sheets on top of each other to create a double panning effect and line a parchment paper on the top baking sheet. If you only have one baking sheet, reduce the baking time by 2 to 4 minutes.
- - Take 1 tablespoon worth of cookie dough and form a ball with your hand.
- - Don't over pack the baking sheet because they melt a lot.
- - Bake for 12 minutes (when double panning), wait till they cool down a bit before transferring them to a cooling rack and use a spatula to pick them up.