It’s time to take your banana bread to the next level with this super soft recipe swirled with chocolate.
This has to be one of the BEST Banana bread recipes I have ever made! This banana bread is incredibly moist, perfectly sweet and swirled with chocolate. It has a wonderful nutty toffee flavor from the browned butter and is super moist thanks to the sour cream! I also added in four bananas to keep the batter extra soft.
Why this bread is so soft & moist:
? Brown Sugar: In place of granulated sugar I used brown sugar to add extra moisture to the bread.
? Sour Cream: Adds a nice richness, tang and tons of moisture!
? Extra Bananas: Instead of 2 or 3 bananas I add in 4 mashed bananas. They add so much moisture to the batter and of course tons of banana flavor!
Serve warm with butter or Nutella for a superb breakfast treat.
Click here for more banana bread recipes, like caramel pecan or dulce de leche.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Add butter to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until light brown / caramel in color. 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep and eye on it so butter does not burn. It also helps to use a light colored saucepan for this.
- Pour the browned butter in a large bowl along with the sugar and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Fold in the eggs one at a time then add in the bananas and sour cream.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Scoop 1 cup of the batter into the bowl you used for dry ingredients, Add in cocoa powder and mix to combine,
- Pour both batters into the prepared pan alternating between chocolate and regular. Use a butter knife to swirl.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice bread and serve!