PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
Spoil Mom this Mother’s Day with this apricot crumb cake. It’s a perfect sweet breakfast treat for the woman who deserves it all.
We all know how important Mother’s Day is right? Face it. None of us would even be here without the woman we all call Mom. So on her special day, we need to pull out all the stops and treat her like a queen!
This year I’ll be spending Mother’s Day with my mother in sunny Florida. I can’t wait. I’m super excited! I’ll be treating her to breakfast in bed with one of her favorites, this Apricot Preserves Crumb Cake.
Crumb cake is extremely popular at the Jersey Shore and it’s one of my mom’s favorites. I’ve been making my own homemade crumb cake for years, but recently I’ve decided to step it up a notch with a delicious layer of apricot preserves that’s nestled in between the incredibly moist cake and the thick layer of crumb that’s got a hint of cinnamon and cardamon. It’s absolutely amazing guys! Just look at that layer of preserves and that thick crumb topping!
To make sure this crumb cake was irresistible, I made sure to use my favorite Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves. No skimping here folks. It’s the best of the best. All preserves and jellies from Bonne Maman are Non-GMO Verified, have no high fructose corn syrup, no preservatives added and no artificial coloring. And all the ingredients can easily be found right at home in your Bonne Maman’s (Grandmother in French) kitchen cabinet. Simple natural ingredients = perfection.
So start planning for that special mother in your life! Mother’s Day will be here before you know it! Enjoy!
Be sure to check out Bonne Maman’s Sweepstakes where you can win a 12-Piece Le Creuset Cookware Set or over 1,000 other prizes! Good luck!
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamon
- ½ cup, 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, 1½ sticks, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 13 oz. jar Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves
- confectioner's sugar for sprinkling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl, combine sugars, cinnamon and cardamon. With a fork, stir in melted butter until well combined. Add flour and mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- Cake: In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream and beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan evening top with a knife. Spoon the preserves over the batter, spreading to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with the crumb mixture topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if crumbs begin to brown too much. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.