This Almond and Blueberry Bundt Cake is a rich, dense cream cheese cake flavored with almond and loaded with fresh blueberries. It’s kicked up a notch with a drizzle of lemon glaze and a sprinkling of almonds. Delicious for dessert or with your morning coffee.
Last year when I visited my sister in Michigan she made me a fantastic dessert with fresh Michigan blueberries, a blueberry almond bundt cake. She and I have always loved to cook and she whips up some pretty amazing things in her kitchen. This was no exception.
The cake was dense and sweet and the blueberries filled out the taste with their own innate flavor. Then she really kicked it up a notch and drizzled a lemon glaze over it then sprinkled almonds on top. Wow! I am so drooling as I write this. The really great thing about this super yummy cake is that it’s easy to make and can be served for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
Now take a bite! The cake is moist and rich with an almond flavor that just explodes on the tongue. The blueberries burst with flavor and are the perfect foil to the tartness of the lemon glaze. It really is a show stopper!
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cup blueberries
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease & flour bundt pan very well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, almond paste and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to butter-cream cheese mixture and beat well.
- Toss blueberries with 1 Tablespoon flour then stir into batter.
- Place in oven and bake 55 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack for 10-20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and let cool the rest of the way.
- While oven is still on, toast almonds. See how to in notes below.
- Prepare glaze by beating all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle glaze over cake while it is sitting on a wire rack over a cookie sheet. Sprinkle top with almonds immediately. Carefully move to serving plate.