PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
Layered with whipped ricotta and apricot preserves and topped with a coconut crumble, this is a special bite we could eat for breakfast (or even dessert!) everyday.
I tend to shy away from sharing breakfast dishes, in part because my first meal of the day usually consists of some semblance of fruit, chia pudding, oatmeal or green juice; clean, simple, healthful, fare. In general, I want things that I can throw together in a matter of minutes, and like to keep my refrigerator and my pantry stocked with items that fall into those categories [clean, simple, healthful], as well.
When I am not able to make something from scratch, I shop for brands that emulate the things that I value (that still taste like they are homemade, too). Bonne Maman is one of those brands. Their jellies, spreads, and preserves are crafted from natural, quality, ingredients. In addition, Bonne Maman is Non-GMO project verified.
Here I used their Apricot Preserves to make a sweet breakfast in bed treat that would be perfect for Mother’s Day. This recipe fits all of my personal requirements (See above!), but is special enough to make for my Mom on her special day, too!
Plus, right now Bonne Maman is hosting a sweepstakes! Be sure to enter for your chance to win a 12-Piece Le Creuset Cookware Set.
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup shelled toasted pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Whip the ricotta: Place the ricotta, honey, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and slightly fluffy, about a minute. Set aside.
- Make the crumble: Combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Set aside
- For the dish: Place a couple of spoonfuls of the ricotta at the base of a small bowl or glass jar. Top with a layer of the crumble, and the apricot preserves. Repeat as desired.