PARTNER POST — TrySwedish Thursdays is a culinary collaboration between TrySwedish, West Sweden, Gothenburg and Sweden’s most famous and loved cheese Västerbottensost®. Discover the edible delights of the land.
Put together bold flavors, including an herbed yogurt made with Västerbottensost cheese, to create a simply Swedish summer meal.
Not sure what Västerbottensost is? Learn about the unique cheese from our article here.
- 150 g (5.3 ounces) grated Västerbottensost cheese
- 600 g (21 ounces) salmon fillet
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 500 g (17 ounces or a little over one pound) almond potatoes, can be substituted for fingerlings
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- 100 g (3.5 ounces) yoghurt
- 1 handful of fresh chervil or other favorite herb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes into smaller pieces, halved or quartered, and boil about 12 minutes, or until tender, in salted water. Drain when finished.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil, salt and pepper and allow to brown in the oven at 200 ° C (570F) for about 3 minutes.
- Mix the mustard, lemon and oil together. Stir in Västerbotten cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salmon into four pieces and place them in a marinade of sugar and soy sauce, sprinkle with sea salt and broil in the hot frying pan for a nice color . Continue cooking in the oven at 200 ° C (570F) for about 4 minutes. Mix the potatoes with mustard dressing. Chop the fresh herbs and mix with yogurt. Serve with a pinch of grated Västerbotten cheese on top .
Lindsey Olsson Shamshoian
A.V. OLSSON TRADING CO., INC.
VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
T: +1 203-969-2090 | M: +1 203-253-3738