PARTNER POST: Get ready to feed a holiday crowd with appetizer recipes paired perfectly with food-friendly Cavit wines.
Smoked Trout Bites Paired with Pinot Grigio
- Small potatoes
- Olive Oil
- 8 oz Smoked Trout
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt, to taste
- Garnishes: chopped red onion, alfalfa sprouts, chives
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch slices, toss in olive oil and season with salt. Spread out on a lined sheet pan and bake until tender and crispy on the edges. (Consider broiling to crisp at the end)
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, pinch of salt (if needed) and lemon zest.
- Once the potatoes are out of the oven and slightly cooled, top with a scoop of ricotta and some flaked smoked trout.
- Garnish with chopped red onions, alfalfa sprouts or chopped chives