Loaded with fresh mint, spring peas and your usual pesto ingredeints, this recipe has all the flavors of the season.
Fresh mint is a sure sign of warmer weather. Although mint is available year round, it pops up in gardens once the warm weather arrives becoming most abundant during the spring and summer seasons.
Mint is well known for it’s many medicinal properties, such as aiding with digestion, headaches, respiratory disorders, asthma, depression and fatigue, memory loss, weight loss and oral care, just to name a few! But best of all, it tastes so darn good!
Toss the pesto with pasta, zucchini noodles, rice or quinoa. Spoon it on chicken, fish or beef. Top a baked potato or your favorite vegetable. I even love it with scrambled eggs! Any way you serve this it, the delicate hint of mint in Fresh Mint Spring Pea Pesto is a welcome addition to this twist on pesto and a reminder of a season of new beginnings!
Click here for more seasonal recipes.
- 1 cup spring peas or frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until blended and smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use*.