Complete with tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau, this margarita granita is a perfect summer drink in dessert form.
What do we call things that are part dessert and part cocktail? Desail? Desstail?
Have you made granita before? If so, then you know how ridiculously easy this semi-frozen dessert is to make and how perfect it is for summer. If you haven’t, then just know that it takes about 5 minutes to combine the ingredients before you put it in the freezer, and then all you have to do is scrape it with a fork every half hour to an hour until it’s frozen to your liking. And that’s really it. Don’t like strawberries? Just replace with pretty much any other fruit. Don’t care for alcohol? Just replace the tequila with water.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 4 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 4 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup water
- agave or simple syrup to taste
- Place the hulled strawberries into a blender or food processor and blend until liquefied. Pour the strawberry puree through a fine sieve into a flat freezer-safe glass or plastic container. Add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and water and stir together. Add agave or simple syrup to taste.
- Cover the container and place in the freezer. After 30 minutes, remove from the freezer and scrape with a fork. Return to the freezer and repeat the process every 30-60 minutes until the granita is crystallized but not frozen solid. When ready to serve, divide between 4 glasses or bowls and enjoy!