A cozy chickpea soup loaded with lime, turmeric, and a crunchy topping of honey mustard-glazed nuts and seeds.
We love soup. Not only because it makes great leftovers, but because it’s a great excuse to bring out your best topping game.
This colorful chickpea soup is best served with a squeeze of lime juice, fresh cilantro and a handful of Second Nature Snacks Honey Mustard Protein mix. This savory blend is a combo of honey mustard glazed almonds, cashews and pecan pieces, pepitas, peanuts and dry roasted edamame. The perfect crunch to add to a soup!
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post, but we did receive free Second Nature product in order to create this recipe. Our opinion is our own, it’s good stuff!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ of a lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Second Nature Honey Mustard Protein, for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Heat oil and saute onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric until soft and fragrant.
- Place cooked chickpeas in the pot with 4 cups of stock. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Mash some of the chickpeas with a spoon agains the side of the pot for a smoother consistency.
- Serve soup topped with chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice and the honey mustard mix.